Tuesday, September 27

Family Tree

Sweater: Vintage

Currently paying tribute to the upcoming oversized-sweater-weather Los Angeles is about to experience. In case you couldn't tell by my face, I couldn't be more excited. For now, I'll just wear my oversized sweater over my chonies & bra because it's still ridiculously hot for some reason (come on, L.A. It's Fall--get with it, already).

--------

Today I asked my friend, who is a marine, how being constantly surrounded by the chaos in Afghanistan made him feel, to which he responded:
It makes you hopeless & alone.
I began to cry, because I was no longer talking to him. I was talking to my deceased cousin.
My cousin, the family teddy bear, felt hopeless & alone. That broke me to pieces.
-
My cousin had a picture of me on his dogtag that he kept with him while he was serving in Afghanistan. That same picture of me was how we knew it was him who had died.
Right after his death, I remember thinking that he faked it somehow, because his body was never found, & I was convinced that he was alive somewhere in the world
Hiding
No longer hopeless or alone.


Good tunes to brighten up this post a bit. My gosh, I cannot express how much I love bands with good screamers. Makes me want to go to a Black Lips show & punch people in the face & get punched in the face & smile through it all.

6 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

Such a tragic and sweet story about your cousin. I can only guess how close you two were.

Bree said...

Girl, I know what you mean! I can't wait for LA to get with the season lol. I can't wait to wear my oversized sweaters with boots.

Btw, I'm so sorry about your cousin. That is truly sad. Everything that is happening
in Afghanistan and in the world is so sad. :/

XoXo, Bree
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

JBriggs said...

that is a beautiful story, you must love your cousin very very much, I understand the fear, my dad is in the military too whenever he had to leave I would be afraid too, keep spreading the love it conquers all fears and sadness <3

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. My heart is heavy after reading this post. I wish the best for you and your family!

xx rach

freny said...

Simple yet chic in her <a href="http://www.loudstarbazaar.com/shop/brand-triple-5-soul/triple-five-soul-cozy-sweater-wrap-top/p_67.html>Ladies sweater</a>! Great style!

Cyntia Clara said...

I must admit that this is one great insight. It surely gives a company the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and really take part in creating something special and tailored to their needs. Perbandingan fitur smartphoneTweak Software